- Prep 5 min Cook 4 min Total time 15 min including cooling time
A decadent treat, that’s for sure, but there’s something special about the salted caramel, peaches and ice cream combo that is unbelievably delicious.
1 (14 oz/398 mL) can sliced California Cling Peaches in fruit juice from concentrate
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- ½ tsp (2 mL) Kosher or maldon salt
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup (125 mL) caramel corn (optional)
- Drain peaches very well reserving ¼ cup (50 mL) peach juice. Pour juice into a medium saucepan. Add sugar and stir to blend. Set over medium-high. Without stirring sugar mixture but swirling pan continuously, cook until sauce becomes a deep golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cream, vanilla and salt until caramel dissolves (you may need to set on low heat). Then cool slightly to thicken. Sauce can be refrigerated for several days, just rewarm to thin slightly.
- To assemble sundae. Spoon 2 tbsp (30 mL) caramel sauce on bottom of a wide shallow soup bowl. Arrange 3 or 4 peach slices on sauce. Top with ice cream then drizzle ice cream with a bit of caramel sauce. Sprinkle with caramel corn. Makes 4 sundaes and 3/4 cup (175 mL) caramel sauce
Makes 6 to 8 servings